Date and Reservation
On Saturday, August 20, ESSLLI organises a trip for 20–25 people to Renon mountain area. Please note that this is not an organized tour, but it is just a way to bring together people who would like to spend time together on the mountains.
Participants who would like to join the trip can indicate their interest at the ESSLLI registration desk. Registrations for the trip will be managed on a first-in first-served basis, and according to the weather conditions.
Prices are for the cable car return ticket (you can also use your public transport card) and swimming areas (for those interested).
The excursion programme is as follows:
- Departure meeting time and point: 9:00 am, at Renon cable car station in Bolzano; kindly, buy your cable car ticket well in advance before departure time;
- stop in Soprabolzano and walk in the woods to Renon earth pyramids;
- walk to Costalovara Lake;
- return meeting point: Sopbrabolzano cable car station.
Participants should bring their own food.
Recommendations for Clothing
Participants are invited to dress appropriately for mountain walks. In particular:
- [ Walking Shoes: ] participants, willing to walk in the woods, are recommended to wear a comfortable pair of walking shoes with good ankle support. All should avoid shoes with slippery/flat soles;
- [ Waterproof Jacket: ] a waterproof jacket could be a useful addition.